Psychosis Treatment Programs and Services in Phoenix, AZ
You may have heard or seen the term, “psychotic break.” This simplest definition is that it’s a mental break from reality. People with psychosis experience extreme disruptions to their thoughts and perceptions, which can be very upsetting and confusing. They see and believe things that are simply not real.
Psychosis is not an illness itself, it is a symptom of a mental illness. Individuals with psychosis may suffer from schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or other mood disorders. It is a complex condition that generally cannot be managed without help.
Getting treatment at the first signs of psychosis gives you the best hope of reversing the symptoms and promoting recovery. Some of the early warning signs and symptoms are:
- Hearing, seeing or tasting things that others do not
- Persistent, false thoughts or beliefs that are not deterred by facts
- School or job performance suffers dramatically
- Difficulty concentrating on thinking clearly
- Feeling suspicious of others
- A decline in personal hygiene
- Isolation, or withdrawing from family and friends
- Showing extreme emotions, or no emotion at all
If you or someone you know is experiencing the symptoms of psychosis, get help right away. Our multidisciplinary team is specially trained to get to the root of psychosis and develop a treatment and prevention plan that will help restore your sense of normalcy.